Saturday, April 7, 2007

Blues Clues Birthday!

We had lots of fun at Gracie's birthday party this afternoon! 8 out of 12 friends braved the weather and came over to play. (We've had these terrible snowstorms the last few days... we want our spring weather back!) Since she loves her Blues Clues, we decided to go all out with a Blues Clues themed party. We had paw prints all over the place. It was a lot of fun. I especially enjoyed the cake, it was super yummy and very cute!Our first game was 'Pin the flag on mailbox'. I thought I did a pretty good job with my mailbox!
Gracie got to go first since she was the birthday girl! She got her flag pretty close! I think that our blindfold was a little defective... everybody won that game...
Then we played a beanbag toss game with shovel and pail. We had to split into teams for that... it was too hard to keep order with all the kids.
The bigger kids really liked that game! They were very good at it too!
Time for cake!!!!
Everybody sang Happy Birthday and Gracie attempted to blow the candles out all by herself three times... then we counted to three and everybody helped blow it out!
We played Blues Clues to figure out when it was time to open the presents. They had to find three clues, the tape, wrapping paper and a picture of Gracie. They did a great job putting all the clues together!
Everybody helped open up all the presents! Her friends were so sweet and gave her so many nice things.
We were so happy that so many of her friends could make it! Here is one of her best friends, Kyla. They share a special bond since they both had to deal mullet head hair for their first two years of life!
----------------------------------------
We love you Gracie!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Cute stuff! I want kids someday so I can throw them cute birthday parties!